For the first week of my online classes we, as a community, raised £520 for Derian House Children's Hospice in Chorley, UK. Thank you for helping me raise such valuable funds for such incredibly valuable work.
ONLINE YOGA WITH MYOGABODY SCOTT
We are in new and exciting times with live online yoga. This can be a very liberating and personal experience for you, as you get to practice in the comfort of your own space with the familiarity of your regular teacher.
Please read below to understand the basics of online yoga to make sure your experience is the best possible. And rest assured, it’s really easy, so you don’t need to be daunted by this. It’s great fun.
I stream my classes using Zoom, which is a popular video conferencing software. You don’t need to sign up to Zoom but you’ll need to download the app either for PC/laptop or phone:
For laptops/PC just go to: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
For iphones just go to the App Store on your phone, and for Androids go to the Google Play Store - you want the ‘Zoom for Cloud Meetings’ App.
I recommend you test your internet and the Zoom app - go to: www.zoom.us/test. You can play around with the functions here and just familiarise yourself with the app. You need to do this before you join a class to be confident in your set up and connection.
There are lots of helpful resources and tips here: https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/covid19.html
If you’re struggling you can always email me firstname.lastname@example.org. I can call you if you leave your telephone number.
You can look, book & buy passes & classes at www.myogabody.co.uk/timetable.
All classes need to be individually booked so that you receive the relevant confirmation email which also includes the Zoom meeting ID and a password to log you in to each class. You simply click the link and it takes you to the meeting.
All class times are published as 60 mins but the meeting will open approximately 15 minutes beforehand to chat, check in and settle in. I’ll also be open for 10 mins after class, too, if you want to hang around for a chat, ask questions etc.
To enhance your online experience please note the following:
Test the Zoom app beforehand.
You can join the class either by clicking the link in the email that you receive once you book class or you can paste the meeting ID directly into the Zoom App.
Position your mat and camera in such a way that I can see you both lay down and stood up.
Reduce the chance of home disturbances as much as possible.
Keep your device plugged in or fully charged, as video streaming can use up battery quickly.
Give yourself time to settle in before we start class. I’ll be keeping the end of class quite short which means you can extend your savasana at the end, if you wish.
Please disclose any health issues using the chat function when you enter the meeting room or email me beforehand.
The meeting room will close right on time so you won’t be able to get in once class starts.
Everyone will be muted so that there is no background noise.
You have the option of disabling your video if you wish to remain private but, please note, that I won't be able to see you and therefore offer cues to help you.
The room will stay open for 10 mins after class for chatting if you want to but please feel free to do as you wish – you can simply depart if you wish.
Feel free to send me feedback via email, text, phone etc. about your experience, as this will be the only way I can fine tune what I’m offering to make the session work for all participants.
Finally, by taking in part in my online yoga classes you agree to the following waiver:
I agree to the following:
1. That I am participating in Yoga or any other exercise programme offered by MYOGABODY (hereafter called ‘activities’) during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga, physical exercise or health. I recognize that exercise requires physical exertion which may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
2. I recognize that, during an online yoga class, it is difficult for the instructor to pay attention to students at all times, so I accept full responsibility for my own actions and I accept that this yoga practice is not about pushing beyond my limits but working within my capabilities and limitations, recognizing how I feel at all times.
3. That it is my responsibility to consult a GP or clinical consultant prior to and regarding my participation in the activities offered by MYOGABODY. I disclose that I am physically and mentally fit enough to take part and I have no medical condition which would prevent my full participation. I will not perform any postures that create strain or pain. It is my responsibility to know if my health situation prevents me from doing certain activities or postures, and I agree to disclose any physical limitations to the instructor prior to the start of each class.
4. That I take full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, to person or personal property, known or unknown, which might occur as a result of participating in the activities, and I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against my instructor or hosting facility for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in these activities.
5. It is my responsibility to disclose any health risks prior to class via the chat function within the video streaming software.
5. That, if I am pregnant, I am participating fully at my own risk and that of my unborn child(ren).
6. By participating in online classes with Myogabody I enter into a contract in which I agree to all of the above.
Look forward to sharing this new experience with you.